This week I updated my waste tracking app and included animations to improve the user experience. Since my project from last week had some flaws I decided to start over and create a brand new Xcode project. As instructed, I refrained from using the storyboard this week and wrote every element (except the view controllers) programmatically. I found this to be very helpful. Last week I think I got lost since I was going back and forth between my code and the storyboard. Creating everything programmatically helped me to understand each step of the way. I definitely prefer to program for the most part in code. The documents for this project can be found here and Figure 1 shows the final result.